Camaro SS 10-Speed Possibly Spotted in the Wild

C

camaro5

Quote:
By Patrick Rall Oct 23 2017 - 4:25pm

A Chevrolet Camaro SS test car driving near the GM Proving Grounds in Milford, Michigan sounded very much like it was fitted with the 10-speed automatic transmission from the Camaro ZL1,
supporting rumors that the high volume SS package would be getting the new high tech gearbox.

--------------------------

The other day, I was driving through Milford, Michigan near the GM Proving Grounds when a 6th gen Chevrolet Camaro SS pulled onto the road in front of me.
There are lots of test cars running around Milford and this one looked like every other newer Camaro test car, but it sounded very different.

The engine sounded the same, but the driver was shifting a ton – far more than I was in the Hellcat Challenger that I was driving.

The rapid shifting leads me to believe that this Chevrolet Camaro SS test car was fitted with the new 10-speed gearbox from the Camaro ZL1.

In speaking with some Camaro insiders, there are rumors that the 10-speed will soon be offered with the LT1 in the SS package and
those insiders agreed that it could have been a drivetrain test mule with the new gearbox.

The LT1 was singing and the shifts were clear and crisp, leaving little doubt in my mind that this Camaro had a 10-speed transmission.

https://www.torquenews.com/106/chevr...y-spotted-wild
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk:drool: